Thursday, March 13, 2008


It's a frosty Thursday morning. It's actually snowing outside!! Brrrr! Brayton & I went to karate at 6 a.m. and came out at 7 to new snow falling. I keep trying to remember that this is snow everyone in the Snake River plain has been praying for and keep gratitude in my heart when I see it. I'm grateful for the snow and I'm yearning for spring. I'm craving a view of green grass and the smell of the fresh cut grass. It's one of those smells that transports me to a carefree time from my childhood. I'm instantly happy and even filled with joy, even if it's only for a moment! It still affects me in ways that last and keeps me connected to some of the joy I'm entitled to in my life. (Thank you Solution & God)

I wish I understood myself a little better. I woke up so easily this morning, even early, and felt "awake" from the start. I think I'm still a morning person who's just drifted away from it due to circumstances I've succumbed to. I think I'll start claiming my morningness again. It's a vibrant time of day for me and I'm surprised to find an awareness of this at this time in my life. I feel a subtle freedom in being awake, in the quiet of the house, with just me, myself & I to be with. Hmmmm..... I find that I often DO like my own company!! Cool! (Carol, I think of you whenever I think of that phrase, so; Here's to you!!)

My face is itchy today, still a little swollen. The cold air outside feels good on my face. I'll be dang glad when I don't have to worry about slipping on my front sidewalk though!!

1 comment:

APRIL DAVIS said...

Oh my gosh! That's not the front yard is it?!? I don't think I miss the snow that much...How are all of you? I was wandering through the blog world and ended up here-just thought I would say hello to all! Tell Tay hi and happy b-day soon!